Secure Membership Applications
See Why So Many Outfitting Businesses are Members of America Outdoors Association
Membership Benefits Include:
- Invaluable Risk Management Resources including a free Emergency Response and Communications Plan, notification forms, discounted background checks and guidelines on their use, and overview of insurance issues and common gaps in liability insurance coverage. Plus you get discounted pricing on the DVD Essential Risk Management Practices for Your Recreation Business. Contact AOA to purchase yours.
- Shipping Discounts for AOA Members:
* YRC Freight - Lower costs and increase margins when you ship with YRC Freight, the original LTL (less-than-truckload) experts. AOA has negotiated special rates for members on qualifying LTL shipments. This benefit is for 150 pound shipments.
* PartnerShip® - a comprehensive inbound and outbound shipping program that combines simplicity, savings, and value to all AOA members. As the AOA-endorsed shipping management provider, PartnerShip works with nationally known carriers including FedEx, UPS Freight, and YRC Freight to provide unparalleled customer service and significant savings on every shipment. Members who enroll in this free program receive discounts on small package, LTL freight, and tradeshow shipments.
* GTS - For freight shipments weighing more than 150 lbs., GTS will deliver savings - anywhere from 10 to 35 percent! They provide freight transportation management services to thousands of clients nationwide. Allow GTS to perform a complimentary freight analysis. This analysis can include all or a portion of your freight requirements. For more information, call AOA 800-524-4814.
Find details in the AOA Members Password Protected Area.
- AOA member Administrative Resources Inc. can help you reduce administrative costs and time. - 3 options to choose from, including options that will help you evaluate Workers Comp costs, SUTA, and other potential savings. Save Money and Time on Payroll Services, Workers Comp and state payroll taxes. Get a Free Custom Employee Handbook with Payroll Services from Administrative Resources.
No startup fees or long term contracts! Save money and time with no start-up fees or monthly contracts. Help with filing for Health Insurance Accounts and retirement accounts. These benefits are only available to current AOA members. Call David Brown in the AOA office for more details. 800-524-4814.
- Representation in legislative and legal efforts on issues that affect our industry. DOT regulations, Forest Service permitting and management, wilderness management, NPS concessions issues, BLM issues, Coast Guard issues, fees on federally navigable waters, insurance requirements for outfitters are just some of the issues we've dealt with recently.
- Fund Your Dream Merchant Services. VISA/MasterCard processing with excellent service when you need it. Fund Your Dream (FYD) is as a "Preferred Merchant Services Provider" of electronic payment services for AOA members. You can save money on special member-only rates for electronic payment processing. FYD has experience with outfitter operations and a dedicated individual to serve outfitter accounts. You must be a member of America Outdoors Association to participate in this program. America Outdoors Association is compensated by FYD for endorsement of this program.
- AOA members are invited to join ProMotive.com, where hundreds of top brands reward your expertise. Thanks to your knowledge and influence in outdoor industry and your affiliation with America Outdoors Association, you can join ProMotive.com for free. You can receive up to 70% off retail and new brands and products are added daily. See details in the AOA Members Only Area.
- America Outdoors Association's Service and Supplier Members offer the best in outdoor products for your outfitting or retail business. Check out the AOA members.
- America Outdoors Association Insurance Providers Underwriting credits for AOA membership will save you up to 10% on your liability insurance premiums with member insurance providers. The amount of savings depends on business experience, loss history, and other factors. Click here for a list of AOA member insurance providers.
- NEW!! - Pro Deals with Columbia and Orvis. Ordering information for AOA members is available on the Member Resources Pro Deals page in the password protected area.
- The America Outdoors Association® Member Resources Page This members only area contains more than $10,000 worth of legal briefs on compliance with federal regulations, the AOA By-laws and Operating Policies, tips on marketing & public relations, the AOA Risk Management Manual, Risk Management Self Assessment Workbook, the Barriers to Participation in Outfitted Trips study, AOA Marketing Plan template, and much more.
- Quarterly newsletters and Monthly Electronic Bulletins, timely bulletins, analysis and alerts that keep you informed on changing permitting policies, lawsuits, fees, and other regulatory issues before they impact your profitability. Bulletins are posted in the password protected area of the Member Resources page.
- A listing on our Web site www.adventurevacation.com with a click-through to your site.
- Discounts on registration for America Outdoors Association's Marketing and Management Conference, Confluence® . A conference for adventure travel companies. It features valuable seminars on risk management, improving profitability, operations, plus the Outfitter Expo trade show featuring all the products you need for your outdoor business. Confluence 2016 will be held in Daytona Beach, Florida, November 30 to December 2, 2016. Call America Outdoors Association for more information. 1-800-524-4814.
- Discounts on advertising in our quarterly newsletter.
Click Here for the Outfitter Dues Schedule
Secure Membership Applications
Qualifications for America Outdoors Association Membership:
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Agree to abide by the America Outdoors Association® code of ethics if as it is applicable to their operation;
- Pay annual dues on time;
- Support the mission and purposes of America Outdoors Association;
- The Board may establish additional qualifications as may be appropriate for each class of membership.
DON'T MISS OUT ON AOA'S MARKETING AND MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE - CONFLUENCE® !
Discover what over 500 of the nation’s finest outfitting businesses already know!
Call 800-524-4814 for more information or go to
Types of Memberships & Applications and Join Online