Benefits Your Company Will Receive at the AOA Conference in Reno
The Journey to Customer Advocacy (Joseph Michelli) will depict how successful companies have transitioned from providing good service to providing the customer experience and staff training that creates true advocates for their businesses.
Develop and walk away with your own plan to generate evangelists for your experiences.
Keyword research and their integration into content will excite and engage your visitors and help them to convert. This session goes beyond the basics of general keyword research and opens the door to knowledge that can be used for SEO, PPC social media and mobile channels.
Innovative strategies and up-to-the-second tactics for developing a full range of great content will be revealed utilizing all of the content potential: images, video, social media elements and real time search.
Learn instantly usable industry specific, social networking insights and strategies proven to generate new sales revenue increases for adventure outfitters.
Learn how crucial the period immediately following a critical incident can be in terms of the health and viability of your business.
You'll discuss what is likely to happen and what will be required of a recreational operator in terms of:
• Law enforcement investigation
• Insurance requirements
• Internal care and maintenance of staff
• Media inquiries
• What defense counsel will require
Put WOW! Into Your Camp Cooking
How to Determine the Feasibility of a New Service or Product
Creating Repeat Guests & Word of Mouth with Your Lodging Product
Strategies to provide you with clues to reaching the social consumer through:
• Social Location Marketing
• Instagram and other photo sharing apps - used in marketing
• Ratings and reviews - how to respond to negative sentiment
• Blogger outreach Bringing social to the real world
• Digital TV - beyond YouTube
Explore the complete Agenda. Register Share this message with a friend.
Over 600 representatives from 160 outfitters and adventure resorts and 70 vendors are expected to attend AOA’s Marketing and Management Conference.
AOA Submits Whitepaper from Actuary on High NPS Insurance Requirements
NPS is setting insurance requirements based on reviews by a consulting firm, AON Hewitt, for each concessions contract. This expensive process has resulted in NPS requiring up to $5 million liability insurance limits for floating, horseback riding and similar activities in at least one National Park. Once the consultant recommends those limits in one Park, they are likely to be required for similar activities in every Park in which AON Hewitt make recommendations.
Funding for the Pushing the Limits: An Examination of Liability Insurance Limits for National Park Service Concessioners was provided by Rick Lindsey at World Wide Outfitters and Guides Association and the Grand Canyon River Outfitters Association.
Among the conclusions of the paper:
• The limits appear inconsistent with and much higher than limits for similar activities at other federal entities, the Bureau of Land Management and the Forest Service.
• • The limits also appear to be inconsistent from one NPS concession to another. They also appear internally inconsistent, with certain activities in a concession requiring much higher limits than others.
• The limits will put a significant financial strain on the hundreds of private firms that provide the public with recreational activities on NPS land.
• Concessioners could be forced to buy more coverage than NPS requires, because of the structure of the umbrella policy in the insurance marketplace.
• Though data are thin, they suggest that few claims have the potential to settle for amounts approaching the new NPS requirements. If these limits are implemented, it appears the benefits to either NPS or to a few of its visitors will be outweighed by both the costs borne by concessioners and the opportunities that literally thousands of park visitors will miss out on.
For a copy of the paper send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Results from the Industry Outcome Survey for 2011
The results of the end of the year survey are in.
If you have not taken the survey, please take 3 minutes to contribute your results. Click here to complete the survey. It’s a great tool to compare trends in your company with that of the rest of the industry.
AOA’s Conference Goes Mobile
Download the Guidebookapp to your smart phone then find America Outdoors Marketing and Management Conference under Future events. Bookmark it on your phone.
To get the guide, choose one of the methods below:
• Download 'Guidebook' from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace
• Visit http://guidebookapp.com/getit from your phone's browser
The guide will be listed under the "download guides" section of the application.
See you at the AMERICA OUTDOORS MARKETING AND MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE IN RENO, NEVADA DECEMBER 6 - 8.