Agenda Announced for America Outdoors Association Marketing and Management Conference Reno, NV December 8 – 10, 2009.
Expand your market in a recovering economy!
Arrive December 7th and depart on December 11th. We’ve saved some of the best for last. The power packed agenda and a low $325 registration fee for members delivers the highest value tools to enable you to compete effectively for discretionary consumer spending. The AOA Marketing and Management Conference is an investment, not an expense.
Monday, December 7th
• Board of Directors Meeting
• Opening Social
• Meeting for New Attendees
Tuesday, December 8th
• The Business of Innovation - Keynote, Terry Jones, Founder of Travelocity
• Industry Standards and How You Can Avoid Liability Exposure, Tracey Knutson
• The Future of Search, Ron Jones
• AOA Luncheon for seminar attendees, and Elections
• Reservation Systems – Roundtable Discussion Operations Network
• Do You Run the Business or Does the Business Run You? -- Operations Network
• Putting Zip Into Your Business. Zip lines, Challenge Courses, Teambuilding – Operations Network
• How to Get What You Need from Web Analytics – Operations Network
• Am I Covered -- Discussion of Common Gaps in Insurance Coverage? – Operations Network
• Outfitter Expo Trade Show Open
• Advanced SEO Strategies, Ron Jones
• Trade Show Grand Opening
Wednesday, December 9th
• Greenside Up - Growing Your Business during Challenging Times, Kirk Weisler
• Tradeshow Open
• Understanding the Shopping Behavior of Tourist To Increase Your Retail Sales, Ann Fairhurst
• Strategic Issues and Business Opportunities in a Recovering Economy, Patrick M. Tabor
• Refreshing Leadership -- the First Step to Growth, Kirk Weisler
• Increasing Sales through Effective Merchandising, Ann Fairhurst
• Tax Structure and Planning Opportunities to Save Money and Improve Profitability, Patrick M. Tabor
• Claims and Blames -- What You Can Do to Prevent an Incident from Becoming a Claim, Tracey Knutson
• East Regional Meeting
• West Regional Meeting
• Rooster and Brewsters Social Event
• Bowling for Business Tournament (sign up in advance)
Thursday, December 10th
• Tradeshow Open
• Future Trends in Online Marketing, Susan Sweeney
• Social Media -- What Works to Drive Sales, Susan Sweeney
• The Future of Outfitters in Wilderness and On Wild and Scenic Rivers -- Legal Perspectives, Jon Simon
• The Business Builder's Toolkit -- Strategies for Consistent Business Growth, Kevin Kragenbrink
• 12 Low Cost, High Impact Internet Marketing Techniques Guaranteed to Get Results, Susan Sweeney
• Where Do You Stand on the Executive Maturity Curve and Core Disciplines of Business?, Kevin Kragenbrink
• The Future of Outfitters in Wilderness and on Wild Scenic Rivers -- Revised Management Policies Chris Brown, Director of Wilderness and Wild and Scenic Rivers, Forest Service; Gary Marsh, Deputy Director Recreation, BLM
• Wine and Cheese Closing Social
See the full Agenda with times on the AOA web site.
Register today Click Here.
Make your room reservations at the Silver Legacy ($69 single or double). Use the code AMERICA. To reserve you room call: 1-800-687-8733.
Make your airline reservations early to get the best fares.
New Program on Insurance Added to Operations Network
Am I covered? Discussing potential gaps in insurance coverage.
1. Common coverage gaps in your liability insurance.
2. Excess vs. Umbrella policies. What is the difference?
3. How do I determine how much insurance is enough?
4. How can I cover my exposure when dealing with contractors or vendors that provide services to my clients? When should I ask to be named an “additional insured”? How do I know how much exposure I have when I hire someone to serve my customers? What other ways should I protect myself when contracting for services? How can I know if my insurance will pick up if their coverage is exhausted or invalidated?
5. What about host liquor liability? What precautions should I take?
6. How can I understand what is excluded in my policy or determine if I am covered for incidental or other activities that occur during my trips or services?
Take Amtrak to Reno from Grand Junction for $93
Here’s a novel option to get to downtown Reno. The California Zephyr runs through Denver, Grand Junction, Granby and Salt Lake to downtown Reno. The Zephyr leaves Grand Junction around 4:00 in the afternoon and arrives the next morning. Coach fare is $93 one way from Grand Junction. The lowest fare from Salt Lake is $58 one way. Bedrooms for two adults are reasonable if the fare is shared. AMTRAK