Employers with payrolls over $500,000 annually will be required to cover full and part-time employees or pay a new payroll tax of up to 8% of annual payroll under. H.R. 3692 mandates coverage for part-time employees, but which seasonal workers are covered will be defined by the Health Choice Commissioner.
If your payroll exceeds $500,000 annually, H.R. 3962 mandates:
• Employers to cover employees and their families and pay 72.5% of premiums for individuals and 65% for families.
• Coverage for part-time employees is required in proportion to the average hours worked per week.
• Employers must automatically enroll employees in individual health plans unless employees vote to opt out by an affirmative election.
• An excise taxes on payroll will be paid according to the following schedule if coverage is not provided
Annual payroll Percentage Payroll Tax
$500,000 or less 0%
$500,001 - $585,000 2%
$585,001 - $670,000 4%
$670,001 - $750,000 6%
$750,001 or more 8%
• Small employers are provided tax credits for providing coverage but they phase out overtime
• Employers must report to the new Health Choice Commissioner with the name, addresses, and tax number for covered full-time employees and the months covered.
• HSA’s are eliminated by the plan.
• Payroll thresholds are not indexed for inflation, so more companies will fall under the mandates each year unless they keep their payrolls down.
• A penalty of $100 per employee per day applies for non-compliance with the "pay-or-play" mandate-up to a limit of $500,000 for unintentional failures on the part of the employer.
Web Site Reviews and Social Media Consultation
Ron Jones has graciously agreed to offer a limited number of 20-minute website reviews for America Outdoors Association conference attendees between the hours of 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM in the exhibit hall on Wednesday, December 9th. Only fully paid conference attendees may make appointments for this review on a first come, first-served basis. To sign up contact Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org Check out Ron’s website at http://www.symetri.com/
Attend Confluence - The America Outdoors Association International Marketing and Management Conference
Expand Your Market in a Recovering Economy
WHEN: Registration December 7, 2009, Reno Ballroom
SEMINARS: December 8-10, 2009, Reno Ballroom
TRADESHOW: Reno Events Center
HOTEL: Silver Legacy Resort, Reno, NV, 1-800-687-8733 Group Code America. Room Rate $69
Guarantee your room by November 6th to get the conference rate!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Outfitters, guest ranch operators, tour operators, professional staff, managers, marketing personnel, store managers, office staff
FOR INFORMATION: Click here or call America Outdoors Association
SPONSORS: Bank of America, Hyside Inflatables, Resmark Systems