The Manager's Academy is a two-day course you can participate in from the comfort of your home or office (anywhere with WIFI). It is designed to help emerging operations and front-line managers of outdoor recreation organizations navigate relevant issues and create a network of professional peers.
The course is LIVE and requires participation during the specified dates and times for a certificate of completion.
Dates: April 10-11, 2023
Time: 10:30 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time each day (with breaks).
Member Price: $245 Early Rate when you register by March 15
Non-member Price: $345 Early Rate when you register by March 15
*Members may email us to get the discount code.
10:30 am - 11:00 am - Welcome & goal-setting for the training
11:00 am-12:30 pm- Managing Legal Risk Part I – The Guest Experience- Leah Corrigan, Recreation Law Group
Attendees will learn about the primary legal issues and liability exposures associated with their company's guests or participants. Using interactive and practical scenarios, attendees will delve into key topics including:
- Negligence within the outdoor industry
- Understanding inherent risk and assumption of risk principles
- Effective methods for informing and warning guests of risks
- The crucial role of industry standards
- Strategies for guest "screening"
- Ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
12:30 pm – break
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Managing Legal Risk Part II – Employees and Contractors- Leah Corrigan, Recreation Law Group
In this session, attendees will learn about the primary areas of legal exposure related to employees and contractors. Using interactive and practical scenarios, attendees will delve into key topics including:
- Legal considerations in the hiring process
- Employee manuals – striking the right balance with written policies and procedures
- Responding to harassment and discrimination claims
- Worker’s compensation and OSHA basics
- After-hours liability/employee housing
2:30 pm - break
3:00-4:30 pm - Practical Skills for Managing Staff Stress- Laura McGladrey, Responder Alliance
As the workforce and the industry face times of rapidly changing demands, managers rely on best practices and tools to support staff. This workshop builds upon industry best practices to structure and guide managers as they meet challenges of changing staff capacity, mental health challenges, potentially traumatic events and the need for transformational crisis communication.
11:00 am-12:30 pm- The Foundational Principles of Management Cory Scheer
- Principles of Management
- Connecting Tactics to Strategy and Strategy to Vision
- SMART Objectives - What are they and why are they “smart”?
- Conflict Resolution
12:30 pm – break
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm- Cultivating an Effective Leadership Style Cory Scheer
- Mann Gulch Fire Case Study
- The Structure of Trust
- Situational Leadership
- Leading Up
- Team Culture
2:30-3:00 pm - break
3:00-4:30 pm - Moving Forward and Taking Action Cory Scheer
- Application of Management and Leadership principles to current reality
- Real life case studies - Challenges, Concerns, and Opportunities
- Weekly Activity Dashboard
- 6-month Leadership Action Plan (to be shared with supervisor once completed
- Key takeaways from today's workshop
4:30 - 5:00 pm - Wrap up
REVIEWS FROM 2023 MANAGER'S ACADEMY
"Thanks for a jam-packed couple days! I’ll be brewing new ideas for a while…"
“It was a very informative two days!”
“The ability to ask questions via chat, opportunities to engage (even simply by putting a 1-5 in the chat for numerous questions), and the breakout sessions kept me engaged and wanting to learn more. Thank you so much for all of the time and energy you all put into the course. It really showed!”